Iran Travel Insurance
Do I need travel insurance for my trip to Iran? Is it obligatory? Is it expensive? or How can I get it?
Don’t get in a fluster, we are here to answer all your questions.
Absolutely, it is necessary to have travel insurance for your trip to Iran; firstly, that’s because you can not get your Iran Visa from the Iran embassy in your country or the visa office at the airport without having a valid travel insurance, and secondly, having a legitimate travel insurance will protect you against unexpected events and also maintain good memories of your travel.
If you are a travel enthusiast, you already have travel insurance. However most of the well-known insurers do not cover Iran due to the political tensions and sanctions. Thus, if you want to use your existing travel insurance, make sure that it covers “Iran”. If you can not find Iran in their list, no wonder. In order to get another travel insurance, you can have it in advance or you can buy it from the Iran Embassy in your country or visa office at the airport when you arrive in the country. Please consider that by providing the insurance in advance, you will probably pay less and you will not be bothered in the queues. Another problem with the Insurance provided at the airport is that you can’t find any details about the conditions and coverage of the insurance.
Derak Travel Agency has chosen Saman Insurance, which has gained the trust of tourists in recent years. You need to just send us a request, in less than 48 hours a scanned copy of the insurance letter will be sent to you, which can be submitted to the Embassy or visa office of the airport for issuing the visa.
Your insurance for Iran covers:
• Medical expenses and hospitalization, except for chronic diseases that occurred before the policy was purchased. Coverage up to 50000 euro.
• Emergency dental care. Coverage up to 400 euro.
• Emergency return home following the death of a close family member or serious illness. Coverage: full.
• Transport or repatriation in case of illness or accident. Coverage: full.
• Repatriation of mortal remains. Coverage: full.
• Legal Assistance. Coverage: up to 1500 euro.
• Repatriation of a family member traveling with the insured. Coverage: full.
• Loss of passport, driving license, national identity card abroad. Coverage: 200 euro.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your travel insurance covers Iran, yes, you can use it. Check the destination list of your travel insurance and make sure that “Iran” is mentioned.
Although you can buy the insurance from the Iran embassy or the visa office at the airport, booking your insurance online is suggested since it avoids wasting time and paying more . You can simply request Derak Travel Agency to provide travel insurance for the duration of your stay with the lowest price and during one/two working days.
Iran Travel insurance has a very reasonable price. It starts from 10 Euro and will change based on the age of the passenger and the travel period.